Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Office Hoarders

I am obsessed with the show Hoarders. In fact, one of my favorite pastimes during my morning walk is identifying the Hoarder Houses in my neighborhood and tracking their progress. Karma surfaced today as I began cleaning my new office. The previous Career Center Coordinator was an absolute Office Hoarder. Here is the evidence:

1. 10 legal pads with less than 5 sheets of paper remaining. Why? Was she worried about a lack of hard surfaces to write upon?
2. 5 copies of the Broward College Catalog from 2002, labeled as Office Copy on the front. Was there a shortage of these publications that year? I totally wanted to correct her grammar and write Office Copies on all 5!
3. 4 manual letter openers. Fan mail? Multiple bills from FPL? Why on earth does someone need more than 1 of these?

As it turns out, I will not be back in my office until Monday. The hoard will have wait another week...

No comments:

Post a Comment