Monday, July 18, 2011

Stream of Facebook Consciousness

Time for my Facebook Status Update Rewind.  What's interesting about this week is the uncanny connection between the string of thoughts.  Follow me, as we journey through my crazy brain...
The voice reading the warning at the beginning of Tosh.O sounds just like Lindsay Lohan. Great post-prison gig! I love Daniel Tosh.  Not in the stalker ex-boyfriend kind of way (although I think we may see him grace the over of The Advocate in the next year).  What I love is his ability to make us laugh at ourselves.  No, I have not personally appeared on any of the viral images he highlights.  However, the folks in them could easily be the people I encounter everyday in my somewhat boring life and that is hilarious.  This week, I was taken aback by what sounded like Lindsay Lohan's voice over at the beginning of the episode.  Glad she could get the gig, but I am not sure how her comeback is going to play out.  Speaking of young women who will never win a popularity contest in the court of public opinion...
Morning news headline: "If it's not on twitter, you must acquit her"! I did not follow the Casey Anthony trial although I knew quite a bit about it.  Being in Florida did not help.  Having family members in the peanut gallery certainly did not help.  At the end of the day, I find the whole situation tragic and cannot see a "happy ending" for anyone in that family.  However, this headline came across the news as I was sitting in the waiting room at my dentist's office (see, cannot avoid it)! Speaking of doubtful "happy endings"...
Marriage means commitment. Of course, so does insanity. ~Author Unknown I consider myself married or "as legally connected to my husband as the law will allow".  I posted this quote because I have started to realize the amount of work it takes to make a marriage work.  The bar was set pretty high on both sides of our family (John's parents have been together for over 50 years and my parents will be celebrating 40 years together in 2012).  And I am a competitive perfectionist...where is the show about my compulsion?  Oh yeah, Martha Stewart Living.  As I approach my 2nd wedding anniversary, I feel very certain that John and I are in this for the long haul...as long as I respect his addiction to dragons and he understands that I have to have the last word.  I hope that other gay marriages can get through the tough times and be shining examples of commitment/insanity.  Speaking of terrible examples of commitment...
So J Lo and Mark Anthony have broken up...I blame Pit Bull...or Casey Anthony...or Nancy Grace. Jennifer Lopez needs to stick to singing, dancing, and acting.  J Lo, marriage is not your thing and that's OK.  You are a triple threat, which is probably why the men in your life don't stick around.  You also don't seem to have the capacity to balance success in your career and a relationship at the same time and that's OK.  I don't know much about your future ex-husband, but I am sure you both will be fine.  Speaking of fine...
OK world, I have resisted long enough...I like Katy Perry. There, I admit it! As a gay man, I am not opposed to jumping on a bandwagon (or falling off the wagon, I can never get those metaphors right).  Either way, I have mostly tolerated Katy Perry's music because of GLEE.  It seemed like one of her songs popped up on that show every week.  However, I am not made of stone.  I like a good beat and a catchy chorus.  So I have given in...I like Katy Perry and I won't apologize for it anymore.
 

1 comment:

  1. On the subject of Katy Perry....I think she needs to switch gears and become a rock singer. I have seen her live twice, and she certainly has the vocal ability to go in that direction. She already has a fan base that will shower in her sweat, so I am sure it wouldn't hurt her pocket to switch things up a bit! Katy Perry, Rocker Chick, yeah that's HOT!

    ReplyDelete