Thursday, July 7, 2011

Where in the world is Carmen Electra (and who in the world cares)?

I watched So You Think You Can Dance for the first time last night. I know, I know...how can a reality TV junkie not have this show on his DVR priority list? As I was watching last night's show, I realized how much I have learned about the world of dance from working at the Harid Conservatory. I was quite critical of the dancers and the choreography (as I HAPPILY finished a pizza with my sister, Jeane, and my cousin, Jason). I completely understood all the hype and was pretty entertained by the show...until Carmen Electra showed up. I guess the judging panel has a guest every week (and not fun guests like Kathy Griffin, Margaret Cho, or LaToya Jackson...RuPaul's Drag Race, start your engines...).

What does Carmen Electra know about dancing? Probably as much as she knows about acting. When did this bimbo become famous? Wasn't she Pam Anderson's replacement? Don't be shocked. I have never seen Baywatch and could not stomach the idea looking Carmen Electra up my IMDB app. I have a very judgmental iPhone...I will definitely blog about "her" later.

Bottom line, I refuse to get hooked on SYTYCD. It would be easy to blame it all on Carmen Electra. However, this reality television junkie knows that messing around with the judging panel is like "jumping the shark" for the 21st Century. Just ask Simon Cowell.

3 comments:

  1. Boo... SYTYCD plays around a little bit with the judges panel a little bit every year and the show does just fine.

    You can always >> through the stoopid judges like we do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know tha Carmen Elektra was a real person. I thought she was a villain on Batman. In her intro she said she had taken dance and worked as a dancer. And now she's a Pussycat Doll whatever that is. I noted that she was not on the panel for the actual judging on Thursday. Two weeks ago Debbie Reynolds was a judge and she knows her stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carmen Electra is only famous because she got naked for Playboy years ago. She was also married to Dave Navarro for a while.(I dont think they are still married, but I could be wrong) SYTYCD, was awesome for the first few seasons for me, but like all reality shows, the next group of people I dont like as much as the previous and I just grow out of them. I can always watch ABDC because the group dance teams always bring something new and interesting. You can only watch so much contemporary dancers before it gets mundane

    ReplyDelete